Classrooms And Classes
1. Normally parents will not be allowed in the teaching area, unless the teacher requires or authorized it.
2. Group Class Size:
a. The majority our classes are grouped by age.
b. We try to keep our student/teacher ratio low so each child receives the attention they need.
1. Please: no food or drinks in the school.
2. Refrigerator, its content, and Coffee machine at the restroom is for teachers use only.
Conduct And Safeness
1. Every student is expected to behave while in the facility in a disciplined and responsible manner, with respect to the instructor, staff and fellow students. The School reserves the right to suspend or dismiss any student whose conduct, attendance or attitude is found to be unsatisfactory. We expect same behavior from parents and/or guardians.
2. Students may not leave the school premises during free periods.
3. For the student’s safety they must wait inside the school for being picked up. School will not allow the children wait outside of its premises for parents or representatives to pick them up. We encourage the parents and representatives to look for the students inside the school premises, and inform them about it, to wait inside the school.
4. We recommend students and children not to go alone in the elevator. For safety reasons use the stairs.
5. Parents must closely watch other child that they bring into the School.
6. No phone calls inside the school.
Our faculty members are busy teaching artists. Instructors commit to a set schedule of Kalos Music & Art School teaching days based upon student registration. To honor the commitments of our instructors and families, we follow the make-up policies outlined below.
1. Kalos Music & Art School does not offer make up classes. Regular attendance is required for students.
2. In the case of teacher illness or artistic activities or if the student fail for health reasons, makeup classes could be arranged based on the following rules:
a. Missed classes must be made-up within 30 days ONLY.
b. One on One classes:
i. The Administrative assistant could arrange another schedule for the class in agreement with the parent/ student.
ii. The student could take the class under the direction of another qualified teacher.
c. Group classes:
i. The student could attend a different schedule of the same or similar class
ii. Regular attendance is critical to learning at Kalos Music & Art School. As a courtesy to instructors, students’ cancellations must be announced by email at least 48-hours in advance if a known absence is coming, or ASAP in the case of an unforeseen illness, accident or emergency.
If the student fails for other reasons (Traveling, Family activities, Religious reasons, Holidays) there will not make up classes and the monthly tuition must be fully paid.
Force Majeure. Kalos Music & Art School is a corporation dedicated to give educational programs to our students and their families under the highest level of quality always doing the best possible to reach the excellence. In no event shall Kalos Music & Art School be responsible or liable for any failure or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder arising out of or caused by, directly or indirectly, forces beyond its control, including, without limitation, strikes, work stoppages, accidents, acts of war or terrorism, civil or military disturbances, nuclear or natural catastrophes or acts of God, and interruptions, loss or malfunctions of utilities, communications or computer (software and hardware) services; it being understood that Kalos Music & Art School shall use reasonable efforts which are consistent with accepted practices in the Music education system to resume performance as soon as practicable under the circumstances.
School Vacations And Legal Holidays
Kalos Music & Art School holiday/break closures mirror those of the Miami Dade School Calendar.