Tuitions And Fees
Students accept a school year registration fee and a monthly tuition fee for the classes.
1. The registration fee and first monthly tuition is paid upon delivery of the filled registration form.
2. A non-refundable registration fee of $45 per student is payable annually into the period August to August.
3. The annual registration fee guarantees the spot of the student in the school and the commitment of the school to do the best effort full filling the student expectations in musical education.
Monthly / Term Tuition Fee
1. Monthly tuition is due by the first day of each month by check, cash, debit or credit card. Automated payments can be scheduled using your credit card. Every month from September to May* will be fully paid.
2. Term tuition is due by the beginning of each Term by check, cash, debit or credit card. Automated payments can be scheduled using your credit card.
3. A $10.00 late fee will be applied for any payment not received by the 5th of the month. It is a requirement to leave credit card information to avoid late payments. Students/ Parents can always mail checks or call with credit card.
4. Students will not be allowed in the class if payments are not made on time. If you eventually have a special problem in making payments on time, please schedule an appointment with one of the directors.
5. Classes and activities are planned for the whole school year from August to June. However, if the student chooses to participate in Summer Camp or Summer special courses beginning on the 2nd or 3rd week of June, the student will pay for the said Summer Courses tuition and not for the June regular calendar Monthly tuition*.
6. Monthly tuition for August 2016 will be 50% of the full monthly tuition.
7. School, personal holidays, or missed classes may not lower tuition. There are no refunds or pro-rated tuition for extended illness or injury, or personal holidays or vacations. Medical documentation may be required in order to waive tuition. A credit for the unused portion of the tuition will be given from the time of injury or illness being reported.
8. Not attending and/or not having to pay the monthly tuition for a month could be reason to lose the spot and annual registration.
9. There is a $25.00 charge for any check returned for non-payment.
School Performance/ Evaluations
1. Kalos Music & Art School offers as part of academic extension to its formally registered students the possibility of presenting a Recital concert at the end of each of the 12-weeks Term. Students will be able to perform the program that has been prepared under instructors’ guidance, and their performance(s) will not exceed the number of three (3) musical works (songs) per concert and per course enrolled. Only those who have group classes will eventually have a discretionary number of musical works (songs) depending on the technical characteristics of the concert production or the instructor's recommendations.
2. Instructors in coordination with Academic Direction will propose the students who will perform at Student Recitals based on the academics achievements of each term. Students accept recognize and abide the provisions of Kalos Music & Art School for each of Student Recitals.
3. The presentation of the students in the Students Recitals events is not a right, it is a privilege that Kalos Music & Art School grants to the students based on their academic achievements and their musical and artistic abilities, as long as they are part of the regular programs of Kalos Music & Art School.
4. Students who are in special projects, special workshops or any type of course that does not imply regularity, will not be authorized to appear at the Student Recitals. Only a discretional decision of the Instructor in coordination with Academic Direction could generate a courtesy invitation for a student as a demonstration and recognition of their academic achievements.
5. The public presentation in the Student Recitals has no additional cost for regular students, the cost of these presentations will be assumed by Kalos Music & Art School. The term-registered students as part of the benefits of the registration by Term will have two (2) free tickets for the Student Recital based on the program enrolled. Students enrolled per month will not have access to this benefit.
Punctuality And Scheduling
1. Parents are suggested to have their children on time for class: at least five minutes prior to scheduled class, and also to pick them up no later than 15 minutes following the end of their class.
2. Because of our faculty's tight lesson schedules, students who are late for a lesson cannot be guaranteed their full lesson time. Faculty will wait for a student for one third of their lesson time; students are asked to do the same. Missed lesson time due to faculty tardiness will be made up at a mutually convenient time.
3. Lesson times scheduled at the mutual convenience of the student and teacher, are permanent for the year. The year includes three 12-Weeks Terms, Summer Term (4 to 8 weeks term), Kalos Summer Academy and seasonal students’ concerts.
4. Regular attendance is expected. Lessons missed by the teacher will be made up. Rescheduling is arranged between the Parent/Student and the office staff. The teacher will not schedules make-up lessons or rearrange schedules from week to week, and is not authorized to take decisions regarding this matter.